All You Need to Know to Teach with a Wacom Tablet
Veteran Udemy instructor, Miguel Hernandez, has taught over 30,000 students over the past six years on topics ranging from video editing to course creation and marketing. He’s also the founder of Grumo Media, a video marketing and online education studio located in Vancouver, Canada where he gives teachers the skills and resources they need to create and sell their own online courses.
Drawing inspiration from Salman Khan from Khan Academy, who has used a Wacom tablet since 2006 to record thousands of lectures on math, physics, chemistry, finance, and dozens of other topics, Miguel puts his own unique and quirky spin on things and walks you step-by-step through the basics on presenting your own class lectures with a Wacom tablet.
Here are the time codes for each section in this video:
- 00:00 – Teaching online with a tablet
- 00:22 – Who is Salman Khan
- 01:23 – List of all the equipment to teach with a tablet
- 02:42 – Which tablet should you use?
- 03:30 – Best USB microphones to teach online
- 04:26 – Best whiteboarding apps for sketching
- 04:58 – Best screen recording apps
- 06:22 – Cheap tablet setup vs Fancy tablet setup
- 06:52 – Best practices to teach using a tablet by Sal Khan
- 07:38 – Record a lesson using a tablet, Sketchpad, and Screencast-O-Matic
- 16:56 – Record a lesson using a tablet, Adobe Sketchbook, and ScreenFlow
WANT TO TAKE YOUR TEACHING SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Join Grumo School and get access to hundreds of hours of training on course creation, online teaching tips, and the best tools and equipment to become a top notch online educator.
To see more online course creation tutorials subscribe to Grumoschool on YouTube
About Miguel Hernandez
Miguel is a veteran top Udemy instructor with over 30,000 students and the CEO of Grumo Media, a video marketing and online education studio located in Vancouver, Canada.
He has true passion for online education and has spent the last six years creating multiple best-selling courses and has taught thousands of students across the world in both English and Spanish on topics such as animation, video marketing, online course creation, productivity, website development, lifestyle business creation and even online dating.
Miguel also has 10 years’ of experience in multimedia production and has produced hundreds of promotional videos for some of the top Silicon Valley startups including clients like Microsoft, Walmart, Fidelity Investments, Reckitt Benckiser, Hipmunk and even Ashton Kutcher.
Check out all of Grumo’s course creation guides here.