Cartoon Crunch Contest Terms and Conditions
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Cartoon Crunch (“Contest”) is open to residents of the 50 United States who are lawful U.S., Canada, or Latin America (excluding Venezuela) residents and are 18 years of age or older at the start of the Contest (“Entrants”). Entrants must be student with verifiable enrollment. The Contest is sponsored by Wacom, 1455 NW Irving St, Portland, OR 97209 (“Sponsor”). Employees of Sponsor, its parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of the Contest and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in the Contest. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on August 3, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on August 21, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER. To participate, Entrants must send their contact information and a link to their portfolio and a short video answering the following questions: Who are you? What do you do in the animation realm? What are your aspirations? to email@example.com. Entrants must be students, with verifiable enrollment. Entrants must be 18 years or older. Each entry must be the original work of the Entrant, and Entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, derogatory, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous, that is not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these Official Contest Rules. In addition, all entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, which determination Sponsor may make in its sole discretion. Entrant must have obtained express written consent to submit any entry that contains or features persons other than Entrant, or third-party elements not owned by entrant and, if requested to do so, Entrant must produce such written consent from appropriate parties in a form and manner acceptable to Sponsor. All entries must not contain material that violates or infringe another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. (23:59) EST on August 21, 2020, according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. None of the Contest Entities are responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Contest Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted, negative, inappropriate or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. Each qualified entry will be judged by a panel made up of the Sponsor’s representatives and professional animators. The selection will be held on or about August 22, 2020 (“Selection Date”) to determine 8 (2 teams of 4 students) potential winners (“Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be notified first via email or telephone according to Sponsor’s discretion (“Notification”). The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within two (2) business days of attempted Notification. A selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to four (4) times. The Selected Entrants may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Selected Entrants may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrants will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrant. All Selected Entrants are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Contest should so indicate, unless and until the Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules have been verified and the Selected Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any play that occurs after the system has been compromised or failed for any reason is deemed a defective play and is void and will not be honored.
6. PRIZE. If eligible under these Rules, each (1) Selected Entrant will be awarded one (1) prize. The prize package includes:
· One (1) Wacom One DTC133W0A valued at $399.95 + participation in the Cartoon Crunch reality program + $1,500 stipend upon completion of the Cartoon Crunch program.
Grand prize package total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1899.95
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Entrants must participate in all Cartoon Crunch activities to receive the full stipend – this includes mentorship sessions, filming, and viewing parties. Entrants must also share their experience on their own social media channels. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Contest Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
8. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Oregon. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Oregon or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oregon.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
11. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name, social media handles, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Contest on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor and its affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
12. RIGHTS. Wacom does not retain rights to the art produced within the Cartoon Crunch. Artists retain their own rights to their art, with Wacom having unlimited license to use it in perpetuity.
13. WINNER’S LIST AND CONTEST RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winner’s list after the end of the Contest Period, send an email with Subject Line: “Cartoon Crunch contest,” to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 28, 2020.