Welcome to Wacom’s partner marketing page. Here you will find a collection of links and information focused on Working From Home, as well as tips and tricks to enhance your workflow – no matter where your home office may be.
Pixologic | ZBrush:
- Catch Daily Live ZBrush Streams: http://pixologic.com/zbrushlive/
- See what streams are coming up: http://pixologic.com/zbrushlive/calendar/
- Give ZBrush a spin for free for 30 days: https://pixologic.com/zbrush/trial/
- Subscriptions are now available: https://store.pixologic.com/zbrush-2020/
As always, Team Quixel can be reached online. Find video learning content on the Quixel YouTube channel and long-form articles, product updates, and news on the Quixel Blog. For queries, email email@example.com or visit the Quixel Forum. You can also connect with the Quixel team on Discord and the Quixel Art Community on Facebook. And you’re always welcome to reach out to our presence on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Formlabs has a series of articles on maintaining productivity with your SLA printer at home: https://formlabs.com/blog/engineering-from-home/
- Learn from home with the Formlabs Comes to You initiative. Weekly live sessions include User Office Hours, CAD demos, and training on a variety of topics from resin properties, to silicone molding, to jewelry design. https://formlabs.com/formlabs-sessions/
Toon Boom Animation:
The global COVID-19 pandemic has forced the world to rethink the way we live and work. Many of our clients, both Studios and Educational institutions, have been reorganising the way they work ensuring staff can effectively and efficiently work from home. Toon Boom is focused on supporting its clients, making that transition easier.
In early March, Toon Boom announced that they would be providing their clients (studios and educational institutions) free 30-day home use licenses for their staff, teachers and students. As of April, the initiative was extended and free home use licenses were valid until June 1st, 2020.
Now, Toon Boom has opened this initiative up for the long term; home-use license will be available to clients until the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find more information here – Toon Boom and COVID-19
Adobe | Creative Cloud:
Adobe has gathered some of their best tips and tricks to help you keep your work on track: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/tips/create-content-remotely.html
TopHatch | Concepts:
Learn a new skill with their learn to draw series: https://concepts.app/en/learntodraw/
How to use Concepts with tools like zoom: https://concepts.app/en/tutorials/how-virtual-whiteboard-your-ipad
Serif | Affinity:
Affinity currently has a 50% discount and an extended 90 day trial which is available until 20th of June: https://affinity.serif.com/supporting-the-creative-community/
Affinity is also running a series of creative sessions on their YouTube channel: https://affinityspotlight.com/article/tune-into-lockdown-2020-affinity-creative-sessions/
ArtStation Jams are a fun way for users to stay creative. These casual challenges for the community have no judges nor prizes.
The theme of the next ArtStation Jam is “In My Home”. This time, we’re inviting you to find a reference from somewhere in your home and recreate it in any style you choose.
Here’s how to take part:
- Pick an object, texture, scene or room in your home
- Recreate it in any style
- Post it on ArtStation with a photo of the original reference with #InMyHomeJam
You can get all the details here: https://magazine.artstation.com/2020/05/artstation-jam-in-my-home/
Drawing & Painting Resources:
Clip Studio Paint:
Clip Studio TIPS offers a wide variety of tutorials that help the worldwide artist community to explore software functions and discover exciting new drawing and painting techniques. Users can also win monthly prizes when creating tutorials and sharing their knowledge on specific themes. This steadily growing catalog of content is free to use. Click here to learn more: https://tips.clip-studio.com/en-us/
Art Rocket provides artists with detailed tutorials about drawing, painting, design, and much more to learn and to improve their skills. Beginners and professionals alike can find interesting and inspiring content for free. In-depth interviews with industry professionals also grant readers a glimpse into various creative jobs, such as concept art, character design, and comic creation. Learn more about Art Rocket here: https://www.clipstudio.net/how-to-draw
Do It All:
- CIO Prakash Kota wrote 10 Best Practices to Support a Remote Workforce—and Ease Stress—During COVID-19
- Autodesk launched an Extended Access Program for most of their cloud products
- Autodesk compiled and enriched their Autodesk Knowledge Network site for resources for working from home including licensing assistance, links to learning paths, as well as product resources
- Autodesk built a Design & Manufacturing Resources Hub to connect resources and people working on COVID-related projects
- Autodesk collaborated with the Smithsonian National Museum of American History Lemelson Center with a Distance Learning curricula – ADSKNews, Smithsonian press release, Tinkercad blog
- The Autodesk Foundation has donated over $2 million in philanthropic support to our communities
- Autodesk created some sweet Zoom virtual backgrounds
This post on the Unreal Engine blog lists where you can get access to all things UE online
Take a look through the Unity blog to see their updates: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2020/03/19/state-of-unity-2020-in-this-together
Unity is providing three months of complimentary access to Unity Learn Premium so that you have access to resources to help you bring your ideas to life.
Unity is also delivering virtual classes through Create with Code Live, free for students, teachers, and anyone else interested in learning to code: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2020/04/01/were-bringing-unity-to-you-unite-now-starts-april-14/
Intel has resources for the creative user to Work from Home: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/tech-tips-and-tricks/tech-tips.html
Want to create like a pro? Take a look at the latest hardware, features, and tips & tricks from NVIDIA:
- Working from home with NVIDIA
- NVIDIA Quadro virtual solution
Phase One | Capture One:
- Check out Capture One’s lists of events: https://www.facebook.com/pg/captureonepro/events
- Free SmugMug plan with select Capture One products: SmugMug
- Capture One also has a 30-day challenge that was launched for people looking to add some structure to their days and picking up new skills: Capture One
Post Production and VFX
Blackmagic Design | DaVinci Resolve:
Learn how to use DaVinci Resolve from the comfort of your home: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/training
Boris FX, developers of popular plug-ins for editing and visual effects recently hosted a “Virtual NAB” with live training sessions and a new product launch: Silhouette Paint. Check out this live stream from their YouTube channel or download a trial and get Started with Silhouette Paint.
Foundry has committed in making sure content creators can continue to work in their new environments. From VPN access to a year of free access to students. Find more resources from the Foundry in the Blog
For those that want to learn more on how to utuilize Foundry products, you can login to the bi-weekly webinars. With up to 16 on-demand webinars available and more. Find their schedule here – Foundry Virtual Events
Adapt your workforce as your studio’s demands shift and access creative talent across the globe. Make the move to virtual workstations on AWS, featuring NVIDIA® Quadro® technology – the new standard for scaling your creativity.
Virtual Workstation on AWS – Solutions for Media & Entertainment
Teradici has resources that help customers get started on a WFH set up quickly, including videos, guides, technical documentation and partner resources.
Teradici also offers customers short-term, 3 month license of Cloud Access Software to support remote work and business continuity requirements. This offer is available through June 30, 2020. Customers need to reach out to Teradici to receive this offer firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping the Community with Technology
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Stratasys has initiated a global effort to rapidly produce disposable face shields for use by medical personnel. This coalition includes over 150 companies and universities, as well as Stratasys, GrabCAD, MakerBot, and Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. This coalition includes over 150 companies and universities, as well as Stratasys, GrabCAD, MakerBot, and Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. Some of our partners include General Atomics, Medtronic, Mattel, Dunwoody College of Technology, the University of Central Florida, and the University of Minnesota. Collectively, we have supply commitments for over 20,000 much-needed shields weekly. We’ll need to continue to grow capacity in the coming weeks to meet the demand for more than 40,000 per week, and ultimately, we expect injection molding to take over much of the production (but that is still 3 weeks away). The deliveries sent so far go beyond hospitals to also include clinics, academic medical centers, fire stations and nursing homes with a complete 3D printed visor and clear plastic shield that covers the face. https://www.stratasys.com/covid-19