#WacomWomen 2022 Art Challenge
The Wacom social media team wants to celebrate Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day by showcasing and highlighting women’s contributions to art and creativity. We invite you to join us in reflecting on the often-overlooked contributions of women in the industry. And we invite you to help us celebrate the amazing talent, beauty, tenacity, and resilience of our female creators around the world by joining the #WacomWomen 2022 Art Challenge!
More visibility for female creators!
Pay tribute to your favorite female creators by making and sharing a portrait of them OR by recreating one of their most iconic pieces in your style. While you’re at it, share in your caption how these women have influenced you or inspired you. Post your artwork on Instagram with the hashtag #WacomWomen for a chance to be featured on our channels and a chance to win one of the four Wacom Ones we’ll be giving away on March 31. Follow along on Wacom’s main Instagram account to get updates.
#WacomWomen 2022 Art Challenge details:
- We invite creators living in North America, Latin America, and Europe to participate in the #WacomWomen challenge
- Non-digital art is welcome!
- You don’t have to be a Wacom user to participate
- You don’t have to be a professional artist to be featured
- Challenge winners will be announced on March 31 and the winners will be announced on Instagram
- You may enter as many #WacomWomen pieces as you wish to increase your odds of winning
- Challenge winners will be picked at random using Arbitery.com, an online Instagram giveaway winner picker
- Check out the rules and conditions here
Women’s visibility year-round
Women haven’t been treated equally in the arts, entertainment, gaming, media, and tech. Women remain underrepresented and undervalued in studios, museums, galleries, and auction houses. For example, according to the National Endowment of the Arts, nearly half (45.8%) of visual artists in the USA alone are women; and on average, they earn 74¢ for every dollar made by male artists.
We encourage everyone in our community to help raise awareness on these issues and to support women creators beyond the month of March. There are many ways to help, whether purchasing or resharing work from your favorite female artist, highlighting the women in your life who have influenced you, drawing them and celebrating their accomplishments, echoing their voices, and sharing their stories.
Need help finding ways to fight under-representation?
Here are some amazing organizations you can support: