Amyboyy Wacom Movink feature image

Flex your creativity – Flex your Movink! Editing photos on the go with Amyboyy

September 10, 2024

Amy Asyraf, also known as AmyBoyy, is a photographer, and the creative director for noa studios, and is based in Singapore. In his photography work, he shoots commercial, product, and lifestyle photos for various brands such as Coutourissimo, Guess, Bose, Marks & Spencer, and more. We recently connected with him to get his thoughts on using the new Wacom Movink for photo retouching.

In the below videos, he talks about his work and process, and shows how the Wacom Movink allows him to go anywhere — including busy places with ambient noise, where he can focus best — and keep working on photo retouching while he’s on-the-go.

In the first video, we wanted to know more about a day in his life as a photographer.

Amy walks us through a photoshoot of ‘Kicap Manis,” also known as sweet soy sauce. “Sweet soy sauce reminds me of a time when we were younger, and we had lesser. I remember a time eating fried egg, rice, and just a sweet soy sauce.”

Once the shoot is over, they head to get some food and drink. “Speaking of eating,” he says, “we are going to [Al-Jalani],” a restaurant nearby in Singapore. Once there, he continues retouching with his Wacom Movink. “For the past 10 years as a young creative, I’ve always liked places with a lot of ambient sounds. I feel like I can concentrate better,” he says.

And he can keep doing high-quality photo retouching on-the-go with his Movink. “Back then I would use the smaller Wacom tablet … without a screen,” he explains. “But it’s nice to have a screen that I can finally use so I can really concentrate on doing the retouching.”

“So that’s my day with Wacom Movink,” he says. “Really portable, really convenient, so I can get work done anywhere,” he says.

In the next video, we asked him: “What’s your biggest flex?”

“My biggest flex … I was shooting at Design Orchard. I saw two separate ads taht I shot on a bus and banners across the whole street. And I was like, ‘Good Job, Amy!'”

We also asked him a bit more about getting creative outside of the studio — something Wacom Movink is perfect for.

Amyboyy on train

What places have sparked creativity outside of your workstation?

“I find that places like cafes or coffee shops, with their ambient sounds, help me concentrate better. During breaks, I enjoy people-watching, which inspires and enriches my work. Being an observer allows me to capture the essence of life, infusing authenticity into my creative endeavors.”

Where have you found yourself creating art in the most out-of-the-ordinary setting?

“I’ve found myself creating art in some unique settings, such as during my commute on trains, turning the journey into a challenge to finish tasks before my next stop. Another unexpected setting has been in between skate sessions, drawing inspiration from skateboarding’s lessons in resilience and fearlessness, which I apply to my creative work outside the skate park.”

Make sure to check out noa studios and Amyboyy on Instagram — and check out the Wacom Movink OLED pen display.

Related posts:

The Best Free Tutorials To Get Started in Photo Manipulation With Adobe Photoshop

The Best Free Tutorials To Get Started in Photo Manipulation With Adobe Photoshop

The Future of Digital Art: Explore Wacom Movink with Tracks and Layers and Scan Pro Graphics 

The Future of Digital Art: Explore Wacom Movink with Tracks and Layers and Scan Pro Graphics 

What reviewers are saying about the new Wacom Movink

What reviewers are saying about the new Wacom Movink

How to draw clouds, and survive the Summer: Hilarious art tips with Lucas Piaceski

How to draw clouds, and survive the Summer: Hilarious art tips with Lucas Piaceski

Connect with Wacom on social media

🎬 Take a look behind the creative process of Max Beyond with filmmaker @hazdazzle and VFX artist @victorperez_official!

Haz shares how the Wacom Cintiq Pro helped elevate his creative workflow, pushing the limits of visual storytelling in animation. An inspiring look at where technology meets creativity!

#MaxBeyond #CintiqPro27 #WacomCintiqPro #Animation
1336 7
Time warps when you're working, doesn't it? ⌛😜
Thanks @lplucas for the time saving tips in Clip Studio Paint 🤩
What's the longest you've worked on a single piece? Tell us in the comments.
26173 54
Are you ready for THU 2024? 👏🏻 We are, and it’s a special one! @thu_official.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of THU, and we’re celebrating a decade of creativity, innovation, and unforgettable connections. Join creative professionals from around the world for an inspiring week of connection and collaboration. 🚀

Meet our Wacom Team around the event for insider tips, networking, and creative inspiration. 🙌🏻

📅 Sept 30th - Oct 05th 2024
📌 Location: Troia, Portugal

Let’s make this anniversary one to remember!

#THU2024 #WacomEvents #WacomPartner #THU10Years
132 1
Check out this exclusive video interview 🎙️ by @3dvfcom with members of our talented team and discover the secrets 👀 behind 

#WacomMovink #CreativeProfessionals #CreativesOnTheGo
236 10
🎒 Back to School Sale✏️

Kickstart the new school year with amazing deals on the entire Wacom product range. Don’t miss out on huge savings on our bestsellers—offer ends Sept 30th 2024 🎉

Register today for Wacom’s Education program and save up to 5% additionally* on selected pen tablets and pen displays

*eligible students and teachers can buy with 5% additional discount until 30.10.2024,

*Europe only
‌
#BackToSchool #WacomSale
99 0
How the #WacomMovink helps @figisisters capture ideas wherever they happen. #CreativeProfessionals #CreativesOnTheGo #WacomWorkspace
905 12
#WacomSale 📣⁣
⁣
Head to the Wacom USA estore to save when you buy a Wacom Intuos. The perfect back to school tool for students and teachers alike! ⁣
⁣
Use Wacom Intuos to easily write, edit or convey ideas to students or colleagues when web-conferencing.⁣
⁣
Getting started in digital art? Wacom Intuos is an all-in-one creative solution with 3 downloadable software programs to kick start your journey. ⁣
⁣
Shop through the link in our bio! 🛒⁣
⁣
#Wacom #WacomIntuos #EdTech #BackToSchool #WacomTablet
114 2
Wacom’s CEO, Nobu, shared some exciting thoughts about the future of digital art and how Wacom is here to support every artist’s journey. 🚀

‌Have you joined #WacomYuify yet? It’s a groundbreaking new service designed to protect and secure your authorship while managing the digital rights of your artwork. ✍🏻

Go to the link in bio to learn more and register for free!
‌
#DigitalArtists #Wacom #DigitalArt #Yuify #MiniMic
146 3
New Interview Drop! 🚨

We grabbed our customised pen #MiniMic and interviewed Nobu, Wacom’s CEO to talk about the future of digital art 🎨✨

Get inspired by his insights on innovation, Wacom’s mission, and what’s next for artists! Stay tuned for part 2! 🚀

#WacomAtDokomi #DigitalArtists #Wacom #DigitalArt
236 4
📸✨ Say hello to @amyboyy a passionate photographer who excels in commercial, fashion, and product photography! From capturing stunning visuals at Design Orchid to seeing his ads displayed on buses and banners across the city, AmyBoy’s journey is truly inspiring.

Check out his story and see how Wacom Movink makes it easy for @amyboyy to create anywhere, anytime. Ready to take your photography to the next level? 🌟✨

#WacomMovink #CreativesOnTheGo #CreativeProfessionals
175 4