Wacom pen tablets and displays – used by professional & amateur photographers alike
Wacom pen tablets and displays are an essential tool for any creative professional or hobbyist who wants to take their photo editing to the next level. With their natural pen feel and precision, a Wacom device could greatly enhance the quality and efficiency of your work.
Seamless integration with your current workflowWacom products are compatible with Mac or PC and virtually all photo editing applications, including Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Adding Wacom to your workflow makes editing simpler, easier, and more intuitive than using a mouse or finger could ever be.
Why should you use a tablet for editing your photos?
Wacom offers several tablet options that are suitable for photographers, but the best one for you will depend on your specific needs, budget, and preferences. Be sure to consider factors like display size and quality, pen sensitivity and precision, and customizability when making your decision.
Which is the best Wacom tablet for photo editing?
Wacom offers several devices that are perfect for photographers, but the best one for you will depend on your specific needs, preferences, and workflow. Consider all of these options:
- Your budget
- Pen tablet vs. Pen display
- The size of the device’s active area or display
- The level of pen sensitivity and precision
- ExpressKey options for added workflow customization
Below, we’ve broken down the best options for you depending on whether you’re a beginner, a pro, or somewhere in between.
Photo editing tablets for beginners, hobbyists, & students
Wacom Intuos photo editing tablets
The Wacom Intuos creative pen tablet offers a better way to edit photos compared to using a mouse, trackpad, or finger – and comes in at a much more affordable price than our professional line. Using a Wacom pen tablet with our pressure-sensitive, ergonomic, battery-free stylus means you can:
- Make detailed adjustments to your photos, such as retouching blemishes or making fine adjustments to exposure or color balance
- Experience much greater control when using brush tools, masking out sections of images, or adding illustration elements
- Create smoother and more natural-looking edits than any built-in social media app or auto-applied setting ever could
Wacom Cintiq photo editing displaysThe Wacom Cintiq, in either our 16 or 22 inch display sizes, are high-quality pen displays excellent for photo editing because they allow you to work directly with your photos on the screen. This makes the editing process more intuitive and natural:
- Make extremely fine adjustments to color, contrast, and exposure in real time on the display itself
- Use brush tools to expertly retouch blemishes and other imperfections with customizable pressure sensitive effects
- Achieve extremely precise masking and layering effects by zooming in and drawing with the stylus directly on photos
Join the Wacom newsletter today and enjoy exclusive perks and a discount on your first purchase.
Sign up for the Wacom newsletter to stay updated on the latest creative inspiration, tips, tricks, and tutorials, and be one of the first to hear about upcoming sales and promotions. And when you join, you’ll receive 5% off the purchase of a display or 10% off the purchase of a tablet on the Wacom eStore. Restrictions apply.*
*US Only. Not valid on Cintiq Pro 17/22/27, Cintiq Pro 17/22/27 stand, Wacom One (2023) pen displays and tablets, or on-sale items.
For professional photographers & high-end enthusiasts
Wacom Intuos Pro photo editing tabletsThe Wacom Intuos Pro has been a popular choice among professional photographers for decades. Here’s why:
- Comes with the ergonomic, extremely precise Wacom Pro Pen 2, with 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt and pressure support, and customizable shortcut buttons
- Rugged build quality so you can bring it with you on location
- Built-In ExpressKeys and a Touch Ring for endless workflow customization
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Three different sizes, so you can choose the one that best fits your workspace
Wacom Cintiq Pro photo editing displaysThe Wacom Cintiq Pro is a creative pen display that lets you edit directly on the screen, making extremely precise, intricate enhancements possible like never before, and built-in Expresskeys or an included ExpressKey remote mean you can endlessly customize your own workflow. There’s a Cintiq Pro for every photographer:
- The small-but-mighty Cintiq Pro 16 has a brilliant textured glass screen for an intuitive pen-on-screen experience, in a size that facilitates powerful editing even while traveling or on location
- Cintiq Pro 24 and 24 Touch are large enough for multiple windows for references, as well as working with massive RAW and/or HDR files on the 4K display
- The all-new Wacom Cintiq Pro 27 features unparalleled color accuracy, completely redesigned ExpressKeys, and the brand-new Pro Pen 3 for our best pen display experience ever
Wacom Photography 2023
The latest in photography with Wacom
Looking for photo editing tips, tricks, tutorials, or creative inspiration? Here’s the latest from the Wacom Community.